Lean back on your toadstool and enjoy a drop or three of this delicious chocolate-infused medicinal mushroom elixir. With the heart opening and mood lifting qualities of cacao and the restorative support of chaga and reishi mushrooms, you'll be blissed out and praising this wondrous life in a matter of minutes. Let your joy sporulate!*
Reishi mushroom offers us a subtle yet powerful opportunity to alter our consciousness. By shifting our nervous systems into a quieter rhythm, reishi invites us to notice aspects of the living world and of ourselves that may have gone unnoticed.
Chaga mushroom contains extremely high levels of antioxidants (1300x higher than blueberries!) that protect our bodies from oxidative stress. Its high levels of melanin also feed our pineal glands and help regulate circadian rhythm.
Chaga is currently being over-harvested in the wild. To protect this important medicine we must protect our mature forests and educate ourselves about responsible wildcrafting. What does this mean at Forest Folk?
1. We limit our annual chaga use and harvest to 5 lbs or less. If we sell out, we sell out.
2. When wildcrafting, we always leave behind at least 25% of a chaga conk to allow for regrowth.
3. We make medicine for you, then use the "leftover" chaga grounds up to 10 times in our home kitchen for personal use.
4. There is no guarantee that we will continue to formulate with chaga. We evaluate this decision every year.
5. We place great value on our forests, working to protect them locally and supporting those acting on a more global scale.
For more reading on walking in reciprocity with the forest, you can find Ali's essay on mushroom foraging for the Alchemist's Kitchen here.
Ingredients: responsibly wildcrafted chaga (inonotus obliquus), responsibly wildcrafted hemlock reishi mushroom (ganoderma tsugae), organic reishi mushroom (ganoderma lucidum), organic cacao, raw honey, certified non-gmo cane spirits, wild spring water
Enjoy 1-2 dropperfuls as a heart-opening ritual. We thank the spirits of cacao, reishi, and chaga for the potency of this formula.
2 oz / 60 mL
Always dual extracted.
All of our offerings are made in cooperation with foraged and organically grown fungi and plants. We wildcraft with deep respect for our fungal friends in the mountains of southern Appalachia. We hope you feel this integrity of spirit in each drop!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.